- A longer swimming season: the water temperature is raised by 6 to 8° C which extends the swimming season either side of summer. Temperate water makes for a more enjoyable summer/peak swimming season too.
- Heat retention: for heated pools, a thermal cover is the most effective way to prevent heat loss into the atmosphere. It also protects against overnight drops in temperature, and solar panels and heat pumps are notably more effective where the cover is in use.
- Reduces evaporation by 98%+ : because the cover is in direct contact with the water, it can’t evaporate, translating into significant water savings.
- Convenience: prevents dirt and debris collecting in the pool, so the water is kept cleaner and pool maintenance is reduced.
- Environmental benefits: reduces the carbon footprint of the swimming pool by using less energy to heat and clean the pool. The cover is water-wise too, given the reduction in evaporation. Chlorine naturally dissipates in sunlight and can cause greenhouse gas emissions, but with the Thermal GeoBubble Cover, this is prevented.
- Financial: noteworthy household savings are made on power, chemicals and water.
- Made from 400 micron polyethylene with UV inhibitors.
- Can be accessorised with a Rollup Station to aid use on larger pools.
- Can be accessorised with Wind Protection for pools in areas where winds can exceed 35km/hr. In winds over 65km/hr, the cover should be removed from the pool.
Comes in Riviera Blue.
We can supply any size cover – Please whatsapp us on +27 64 534 4691
STANDARD SOLAR BLANKET SIZES COME IN: 3m, 3.5m, 4m and 5m for the Standard Geo Bubble
If you Pool is 3.2m wide then calculate the rate on 3.5m x Length
Then you will just shape the blanket to your desired size of the pool.
PLEASE NOTE: Deliveries are take longer for special sizes please allow 7 to 10 working days.
We recommend that you have a rectangle of the maximum length and width of your pool, even for shaped pools. The solar cover material is easily cut to shape on site with a sharp pair of scissors.
- 400 micron
- Solar gain + insulation = massive energy savings
- Special re-designed ‘bubble’ structure
- Strong and durable
- Improved resistance to UV and chemical attack
- Contains improved UV additives
- Lasts 25%+ longer than a regular solar cover
- Unique surface area of the cover means it stays in place on the surface of your pool better
- Excellent value
- Can be cut to shape with scissors
- Available in any size. PLEASE NOTE: BESPOKE SIZE COVERS CANNOT BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED ONCE THE ORDER HAS BEEN ORDERED AND CONFIRMED.
- Please note: The material for any swimming pool cover comes in certain widths and there may be a join in a cover depending on pool size
How to care for your solar cover:
- Solar covers will quickly overheat when removed from the pool and left in the sun, especially when on a reel – so always keep in the shade.
- Leave the cover off the pool for an hour or so after giving the water a chemical shock treatment – strong chemicals will gradually perish the material
- Do not use in pools where the temperature is constantly over 29°C
- Solar covers can be damaged by freezing water – use a proper debris cover when you shut the pool down over the winter